Lately I have been wondering why I like living here in Georgia as much as I do. I really don't like being so far away from the majority of our family members, and as much as I would welcome the idea of moving back to Utah, I don't think I would be ready for it yet. It is really strange because I pretty much don't have any friends here. Though I like having friends, making friends doesn't come easy for me. So as I have been thinking about all of this lately I have completely come to the conclusion, not that it was much of a mystery to me, that it is all because of my family. I love my little Fox and Jayde so much. They are the highlight of my life. They keep me going everyday. Even though they make me mad plenty, they keep me laughing and loving life so much more. The main highlight of my life is Shawn. He is the foundation to all the happiness I have in my life. I am extremely grateful for the life I share with him. We have so much fun together. We like the same things, we think the same (when it matters), we communicate well, and we respect one another. What more could I ask for. He is my best friend. Our 6th anniversary was on Friday, and what a good six years it has been. I hope he knows how much I love him.
We really have a lot of fun together as a family. One thing that has added to the fun in our lives is our purchase of a golf cart. I know that sounds funny to most people, and it still does to me, but we live in a place that golf carts are a normal way of transportation. Our little town in Georgia is Tyrone and we border a place called Peachtree City. Peachtree City brings a whole new meaning to golf carts. It has over 90 miles of golf cart paths. So you can get anywhere you need to go pretty much. One thing we like to do is go for rides and we find "playgrounds" for the kids to play on. Sometimes we pack a lunch and go for a picnic, other times we go to the grocery store or Target, but most of all we just drive around. It is a beautiful place we live in.
Here is a picture of Grandpa taking Fox and his cousins Corbin, Brityn, and Boston to one of the many playgrounds we have found.
Right across the street from our house is a golf cart path that basically connects us to the Peachtree City paths. There they go up the path.
Jayde and Fox are always ready to go on a ride.
Here are some pictures at one of the playgrounds we like to go to the most.
On labor day we went back to the Six Flags water park and we had a lot of fun. The kid area there is great. I even went down a slide after Jayde. Well, I kept on sliding when I thought I would stop and I ran right into Shawn, who was holding Jayde, and took him out like a bowling pin. Thank heavens they didn't get hurt. It was pretty funny though I have to say. I don't have any pictures though. The last time I took a camera out of the house I dropped it in a cup of Diet Coke, so I don't trust myself taking one any where near water. So we had a good weekend. I like the long weekends, it is just too bad they have to come to an end.
5 comments:
Your golf cart looks soo fun! Too bad you didn't have it when we were out there! Could have been dangerous if Brian took it for a spin though!! As much as we hate you so far away..we are glad you are enjoying your family time there! Thats what life is truly about!! Life is good when you have a great family, and it is even better when you are married to your best friend! I know it is a blessing I NEVER take for granted!
That is so cool that you have a golf cart. Dusty has always thought it would be a good way to get around. I am glad that you are loving Georgia so much. I feel that living far away from family would be hard too, and I'm glad that you feel fulfilled with what you have. Your spouse and immediate family are what really matter in the end anyway.
It looks beautiful there and I'm sure it is. It's always a blessing to be able to recognize your blessings. I'm happy your happy. Life is just way too short to be unhappy. And there are way too many unhappy people out there.
I think it's cute that you have a carseat and booster in your golf cart.
That's pretty sweet about the golf carts. This is Paul, Shawn's cousin. I'm glad the Jessica had a link to your blog. We just moved to Duluth, GA, up the road a little ways. This is our first big test of living away from family. I keep pretty busy, but I think my wife is starting to feel a little lonely out here. Maybe we could get together sometime?
You are always welcome here, and I hope that you can work it out so you can come visit (preferably not in 110 heat, for your sake). Although I may make you tote you golf cart, it looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment