Monday, January 12, 2009

Christmas Vacation!

On Christmas day we flew out to Utah. It worked out perfectly. We had Christmas morning at our house, and then we headed out the door and had Christmas dinner with my parents and my brother Brian and his family in Utah. For some crazy reason we were able to make the flight, which didn't look good at all, but we tried anyway. We had fun in Utah in all the snow. The kids couldn't get enough of it. However, I am glad to be back home where there is no snow. I guess you could say I had my fill of snow for the year.

A couple of highlights on our trip:
We got to play in the snow
Visit with lots of cousins and family
Attended Tyson's baptism (Brian's little boy)
Jayde got to see Darla (grandma Vicki's little doggie)
Shawn got to go to the Utah game in New Orleans
Ate at my favorite restaurant, Cafe Rio
Shopped and shopped

A couple of NOT SO highlights on our trip:
Fox got really sick after one day in the snow
Jayde got a little sick
Jayde got her first bladder infection
Shawn got to go to the Utah game in New Orleans without us
I probably spent too much money shopping (but it was fun)
I got stuck out in Utah an extra 3 days because flights were so bad

2 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

mmmmmmm... cafe rio - I am having food envy right now! :)

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

Looks like a great time. It's fun to spend the holiday's with family. Love the snow I miss that first snowfall but not the ones after. It was fun to see you the other day and I'm glad for Fox's sake that you are having a boy.