Monday, January 19, 2009

My Handyman!!!

This weekend I told Shawn I wanted to go to Home Depot to look at how much wood would cost to make some 'toy organizers' for the kids' closets. (I am sick of toys scattered all over the house.) So as you can imagine Shawn was excited about this and kept doubting himself of being able to make it look good. So I told him I would do it myself. Of course we both knew that I wouldn't and he accused me of acting like my mother. Well she is a strong capable woman and so am I and if it came right down to it, I could do it. Doesn't mean I would like it, but I could do it. (Totally my mom in me.) Well of course I didn't have to because Shawn really does like doing stuff like this and I am sure he can't imagine his pregnant wife trying to do something like this so a couple of boards and other materials later, here is Shawn starting out this little project.

Fox had fun helping him sand and measure the wood.
Our messy little garage where we set up shop.

And the almost finished product. I say almost because I may want a back to them, and may not. I am going to try them out for awhile to decide. And of course I am going to paint or stain them, but not until after this baby is born.


4 comments:

Trinity said...

Those look great. Good job to your handyman and to you for getting him to do it. (Always threatening to do it yourself seems to work)

Holly said...

Nice work Shawn! They look great! Just in case the airline computer thing doesn't work out...Shawn has something to fall back on..ha ha!

Anonymous said...

Jenise congratulations on expecting! I am a little behind on things, but I am so excited for you! Another boy? Well that will be great! Every little girl needs a little brother to mother. And the boys will keep each other entertained. Maybe thats not such a good thing though.
Your husband has done a great job on the book cases. How fun. They will mean a lot more to you guys because he made them. What a handy talent to have.
Love ya!

Daisy Paige said...

I love it! Josh is so into little projects like that but I usually have to threaten to do it myself before he gets around to it.