Friday, September 26, 2008

Founders Day Parade


I am a little slow at posting this since it was last Saturday, but better late than never. Last week we took the kids to their first ever parade. We are not big parade goers, but after the fun they had, I guess we better buck it up and start going to parades. The only reason we ended up going this time was because Fox was in the parade with his baseball team.

This season his cousin and best buddy Boston gets to play with him on his team. Fox is thrilled. They have so much fun together. They really enjoyed throwing candy to all the people watching the parade.


Of course, Shawn is also one of the coaches for Fox's team again this season. So he was in the parade with them too.



Jayde had a blast picking up all the candy that was thrown to her. She even started walking up the street to pick up candy that was in front of other people.




I had no idea we would come home with a full bag of candy. I know it has been awhile since I have been to a parade, but I don't remember that much candy ever at a parade before. And as if what they were throwing wasn't enough, Jayde even had people setting piles of candy right in front of her so that she could put it in her bag easier.


So thanks to the parade we now have a big bowl of candy ready to give out for Halloween. That is what I call SWEET!!!

4 comments:

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

This is my first visit to your blog you are very creative. Don't you just love Founder's Day and all the candy. We always sit in the same place every year maybe next year we will look for you. Gavin would love sitting with you since he has so much fun smiling at you on Sunday's. I think he would be happy if Melissa would just let him come sit with you. I love living in a small town and think it great to have great people living here with us.

Holly said...

Jayde is so stinking cute! I am jealous you already have your Halloween candy. If it was at my house it would be LONG gone before Halloween is here! CONGRATS again on your big news. We are sooo excited for you! The girls were actually cheering when I told them!!

Trinity said...

Your kids first parade? Are you kidding? Aren't you from Utah? That's what we live for here in the small town. I guess you've moved on up. But the parade thing has to become a tradition. Kids love them. I could see that yours did from their huge smiles. Very cute!

Daisy Paige said...

How sad, Jenise! I LOVE parades, even more so than kiddies. But I agree that it seems parades these days throw out more candy than they used to.