Kinsey tagged me a few days ago. I am supposed to list 7 things that are weird/interesting about me or that have happened to me. I have been thinking about that and must resort to my high school days for some of them. So sorry to my high school friends that read this because it is nothing new to you.
1. I have a broken back. Ok, more specifically I was diagnosed with a compressed fractured vertibre while in my high school days. Basically 2 of my vertibre are crushed and my doctor at the time said that it will never heal. Most often it doesn't bother me though.
2. I was involved in many things while in high school. I played volleyball, softball, and basketball and was also on the dance team. Each year I dropped out of one thing because of one reason or another. Volleyball, I didn't like my coach. Then softball because my back hurt too much and I didn't know why. Then basketball because my back doctor said I had to quit everything. I was very upset about that one. But I stayed on the dance team because back problem or not, I was not quiting everything.
3. I was 'drill mistress' of my high school dance team my senior year, which basically means that I was president, or captain, or what ever you want to call that. Anyways, I had to take charge of the dance team often when our advisor was out because of a surgery. We went on to nationals that year in California.
4. I got dance sterling scholar at our school. For those of you who might not know what that is, it just means that I got a scholarship because of dance, though I didn't have to go on to dance in college.
5. I was on the ballroom back up team the end of my freshman year of college. A friend of mine, who was on the back up team, came to me and told me that some girl got hurt or moved or something, I can't quite remember, and they needed someone for the following week's performance. I agreed to let him teach me the dances, there were 3 or 4 dances, and 4 days later, I was performing in the big end of the year ballroom dance performance. It was a lot of fun.
6. I pop my elbows all the time. Some people think that is weird.
7. I can't think of any thing else so I guess that is it.
9 years ago
3 comments:
How in the world do you pop your elbows? I have to say that is definitely something weird/interesting. Not bad wierd, just weird.
I'm glad to hear that your back isn't giving you much trouble these days.
see, I learned a lot there! Thanks for joining in on the fun! :)
I had no idea you were a dancing queen. That was fun to read about you.
Post a Comment