Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Fox!

I took Fox in to his 4 year annual check up on February 20. He had to have a vision, teeth, and hearing test done in case he got picked to go to school for the Georgia Pre-K program. (Which he pretty much won't be picked because we are not in the right school district.) Well he didn't pass the hearing test in his left ear. It is a test where you have to raise your hand if you hear the beeps. They told me I needed to take him to a specialist to get checked.

So I called Shawn and told him Fox couldn't hear the beeps in his left ear and in the back ground Fox says, "I heard it mom." I asked if he heard in both ears and he said he did. I asked why he didn't raise his hand and let the doctor know, and he just said he didn't know. When I set up the appointment with the Children's Health Care of Atlanta, I found out he had to be sedated for the test, which I was not excited about. So today I went back to his regular doctor and had him checked again. I am really glad I did because he heard all the beeps in both ears.

So I am happy to say that I don't have to drive into Atlanta to have my little boy sedated for a test that I really thought he didn't need anyway.

3 comments:

Eliza said...

I'd be a royal mess if either of my boys had to be sedated. I'm glad you had him re-checked and everything is well!

The Schaefer's said...

Don't you just LOVE it when your kids pull that kind of stuff? Harrison (my now 15 year old) when he was in 2nd or 3rd grade "failed" his eye exam at school so miserably that they thought he was legally blind. It turns out he did need glasses, but that badly. Glad you got that cleared up. :c)

Trinity said...

How cute.
I'm glad all is good with Fox. It's so scary when you have to worry about stuff like that with your little ones.