Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jayde Is Just About Potty Trained ( I Hope)!!!

I wasn't going to start potty training Jayde until after our Easter trip, but she decided to start going on the potty on March 30th. Since she decided to actually use the potty and I already had a treat bag for her, I decided there's no time like the present. So she had been doing really good until we came home from our trip and decided to pee all over the house.
Well I had decided to give Jayde and Fox (because Fox can't be left out) a treat everytime she went on the potty, but since that stopped working, I decided to give Jayde a treat only when she went potty, Fox a treat when he went potty, and me a treat when I went potty (you get the picture). That did the trick (so far). Anytime Fox needed to go, she threw a fit and said she had to go (because SHE can't be left out). You see the trick there! Since I started doing that, she pretty much has only had about 2 or 3 accidents in the last week, in the pee department anyways. Going #2 is a different story though.
Fox seemed to be a lot easier to potty train than Jayde has been. It is probably because I am huge and pregnant and tired physically and dealing with both Fox and Jayde all day instead of just Fox while Jayde was only a few months old (they couldn't fight when she was an infant). My goal is to have her totally potty trained by the time I have this baby. Cross your fingers for me!

7 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

I'm pulling for you big time! Drew went poop on the potty yesterday and today and it is such a miracle - not without the meltdowns but hey, I'll take it! Hope you are getting some rest - looking forward to Saturday!!! :)

Trinity said...

With a face like that how could you ever get made at her, even if you do have to clean up a few messes. That is seriously the cutest picture. She'll get it. Especially since she asked to go to begin with. I do have to say that I hate potty training. I don't envy you but I do wish you lots of luck.

Brandy said...

I am rooting for you. I wanted the same thing, no diapers on Elijah before Asher was born. It was hard, but I did it (well he still wears pull-ups at night).

You can do it, even pregnant.

The Schaefer's said...

Yeah Jayde! And an even bigger "YEAH" for you, Jenise!!! I remember what a relief it was to finally say that both kids are potty trained.
She may regress a little when the baby comes, but that is TOTALLY normal. Just re-enforce how she's a big girl now. And then, you can do the happy dance that only one is in diapers :c)

Anonymous said...

I am also currently potting training George. Not going so well. He refuses to go unless his diaper is on. However, he likes to sit on the toilet and grunt. It sounds like I need to try the treat thing. I have never tried it before. My other kids just went with a little encouragement. George is a whole other cookie though.
Good luck. Your picture is so adorable. What a beautiful little girl.

Daisy Paige said...

This does not make me excited for Grayson to grow up. At all.

Anonymous said...

i would love to watch herpeeing