Monday, October 20, 2008

The Rock Ranch

Saturday we went to The Rock Ranch. I guess you might call it a glorified pumpkin patch and we had a great time. There were so many things to do. The kids loved it. Fox keeps saying he wants to go back to "the pumpkin patch" with a lot of toys.

We first got there and decided to pick out some pumpkins so that we weren't too tired at the end of the day to spend time deciding which ones to get. The excitement the kids had in that alone was a fun experience. Jayde tried desperately to pick up some very large pumpkins, but didn't succeed. Then we rode on a trailer hooked to the back of a truck and Fox was so excited about that we had to laugh. I love the simple things that make the kids happy. I really don't want that to end.

The kids got to ride a pony, a cow train, a pedal cart, and the carrousel. We all rode on a train together. They jumped on a giant pillow, played in a corn box, tried out a little bit of cane pole fishing, got their faces painted, and we all got lost in the giant corn maze. Seriously we were stuck in there for at least 45 minutes or so. We saw some pumpkins being shot out of a cannon and last, but not least, we saw a bunch of hot air balloons take flight.

It was really fun to go and spend time there. It is a beautiful ranch with many fun thing to do.

4 comments:

Kinsey Pistorius said...

wow - LOTS of things to do it looked like and unforgettable pictures. It makes me want to go! :)

Daisy Paige said...

That looks like so much fun! Forget the kiddies, I want to go just for me.

Clayfrogger (a.k.a. Delores) said...

I love places like this. We usually go to one in McDonough but this is so much closer. I love the corn playpen.

Holly said...

Fun! That looks like a great day!! I love your pictures too!